Citizen Parliament (UK)
Citizen Parliament want the House of Lords replaced with a representative, random selection of everyday people - a House of Citizens.
None of the Above Party (Canada)
Vote for the None of the Above Party to elect independent MPPs who are not bound by party control and who truly can represent their constituents first. We support the 3Rs of Direct Democracy: Referendum, Recall and Responsible Government laws for true Legislative and Electoral Reforms.” More About None Of The Above Party
People Count (USA)
PeopleCount.org (not yet live) is a non-partisan organization that will empower the public to communicate constructively by taking stands on political issues influencing the country today, seeing the collective votes (tallies), and holding their politicians accountable for their promises, plans and results. Users will be given a voice to support relevant and timely solutions to political issues, including ones not yet in the mainstream news.
Website software to allow for easier management of political parties.
Discourse is a web forum software with design focused on fostering a more civilised discourse.
Our trust system means that the community builds a natural immune system to defend itself from trolls, bad actors, and spammers — and the most engaged community members can assist in the governance of their community.
We’re a nonprofit on a mission to bring an open conversation over the whole web.
Worldwide Direct Democracy Map
This map shows organisations and individuals from around the globe who are collaborating in making Direct or Liquid Democracy possible.
Further Links By Rand Strauss from peoplecount.org
- The Democratic Federation of Northern Syria (also known as Rojava but the term is avoided by the Kurds even though it is a Kurdish word, meaning west, because the DFNS is seeking to establish and promote a pluralistic, multi-ethnic system). DFNS achieves ‘governance-without-a-state’ according to the principles of ‘Democratic Confederalism 1’ - a ‘bottom-up’, decentralised, direct democratic model.
- Heads up on this model by Chris Feigl
- Not on democracy-related organizations per se, but there are a lot of links about reforming politics on http://bit.ly/political-sites (RandStrauss)
- A map of the world in google maps showing organisations and individuals working toward Direct or Liquid Democracy - currently active and updating - also available as Google Earth File (votedave)
- Suggested by Nick Merange